Warning Signs of Abusive Relationships
- Makes “jokes” that shame, humiliate, demean or embarrass you, whether privately or around family and friends.
- Blames you when he or she mistreats you.
- Treats you like personal property.
- You don’t want people to know that you are not as “good” or “together” as people first thought.
- Is jealous or possessive toward you.
- Is violent and / or loses his or her temper quickly.
- Claims you are responsible for his or her emotional state.
- You leave and then return to your partner repeatedly.
- You have trouble ending the relationship, even though you know inside it’s the right thing to do.